Sony is getting a lot of success in the mobiles category because of its Xperia range. The recent success has prompted Sony to launch more and more phones in the Xperia series. Sony Xperia series has its phone at the high-budget category, mid-budget category as well as the low-budget category and that is what helps Sony attain more success since its phones cover all the budgets. Now, the latest two phones from Sony, Xperia M and Xperia M Dual their latest entrants in the mid-budget arena.
In this post, we will take you through the features and specifications of the two phones and then will explore some more about them.
*Sony Xperia M Dual is just a dual-sim variant of Sony Xperia M and all the other features are same.
Specifications and Features of Sony Xperia M
- It has a 4 inches TFT capacitive touch screen with a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels. The screen is scratch-resistant and it allows multi touch of up to four fingers.
- It has a 4 GB internal memory which is expandable up to 32 GB. It has a RAM of 1 GB.
- It has GPRS, EDGE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.0, NFC and microUSB v2.0 in the connectivity section.
- It has a 5 megapixels primary rear facing camera with auto focus, LED flash and features like Geo-Tagging, Touch Focus, Image Stabilization, HDR and Panorama. It can record videos at 720p@30fps. It has a secondary front facing VGA camera.
- It runs on Android v4.1 (Jelly Bean) and will most probably be upgradeable to v4.2
- It has a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8227 chipset.
- It has a dual-core 1 Ghz Krait processor.
- It has a Adreno 305 GPU(Graphics Processing Unit)
- It will be available in four colors: Black, White, Purple and Yellow
- It has a 1750 mAh battery with standby time up to 498 hours and talktime up to 10 hours 16 minutes.
Sony Xperia M and Sony Xperia M Dual: Price and Availability
Sony Xperia M and Sony Xperia M Dual are expected to enter the markets in the third quarter of the year but the announcement is not official yet and there is no word on the pricing as well but as you can see the specifications can definitely tell you that this phone is going to be a mid-budget phone and its cost will range from Rs. 11,ooo to Rs. 15,000. I would say, that price of Sony Xperia M will be Rs. 12000 and price of Sony Xperia M Dual will be Rs. 13,500. But we will have to wait about a month for the official information about the phone.
Sony Xperia M and Sony Xperia M Dual: Who Will Buy Them?
So, there are going to be two new Android phones in a category which is already flooded with a lot of them already and some of them are from Sony itself. These phones expand Sony’s Xperia line up and there is no specific special feature which can be used for the marketing of these phones. If the phones are priced around Rs. 11K to Rs. 13K, then it may garner some buyers who are fans of Sony Xperia series.Sony Xperia M and M Dual are going to be just another mid-budget phones according to me. If there is anything that is going to power them, it is some of the features like NFC, Bluetooth v4.0, and its dual core processor.
We will know its fate once it enters the markets.
What do you think about it? Share your views and opinions in the comments.